Sausage and Roasted Red Bell Pepper Pizza
Recently I entered this pizza recipe for a pizza contest held by the Celiac Shack and I won! wooo! Hope you enjoy it… It has become a standby in my recipe box.
easy sausage and roasted bell pepper pizza
What you will need:
• A package of Gluten-Free Kneads pizza crust (a local gluten-free pizza crust company).
• A jar of gluten-free marinara sauce. (You will use approximately half of the jar).
• Goat cheese
• 1-2 red bell peppers to roast. See instructions. You may also buy a jar of roasted bell peppers at your local grocery store but make sure they are gluten-free.
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped or grated
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 1 bunch of fresh basil, rip apart with hands or rough chop
• Turkey or chicken sausage (make sure GF), ½-1lb.
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Place pizza crusts on baking sheets and place in oven for 7 minutes to help warm through.
3) Sauté onion and garlic in a small amount of EVOO or Macadamia nut oil, 3-5 minutes
4) Add turkey or chicken sausage and cook until brown
5) Add 1-2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
6) Reduce balsamic meat mixture, 2-5 minutes
Gather the pizza crusts out of oven.
7) Spread marinara sauce evenly over crust
8) Top with balsamic meat mixture
9) Place sliced roasted red bell peppers evenly over meat mixture
10) Scatter goat cheese over pizza
11) Place in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
12) Top with fresh basil