Grown-up grilled cheese
I have always loved grilled cheese. The gooey, creamy cheese with nice toasted bread…perfection! Here is a quick and easy version of ‘grown up’ grilled cheese.
What you will need:
- 2-3 slices of turkey lunch meat, I used Boar’s Head (which is all gluten-free)
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 2 slices of gluten-free bread. I adore Udi’s because it tastes like the real thing!
- mayo (optional)
- poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- macadamia nut oil
- Saute turkey in a pre-heated skillet with a very small amount of macadamia nut oil (butter, EVOO, or vegetable oil would work fine also)
- Add seasonings: pinch of poultry seasoning and pepper.
- Take out of pan, build sandwich (turkey, mayo and cheese)
- Place back in pan and heat through until cheese is melted.