Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Red Bell Pepper Sauce and Feta
We are starting off the new year right, here at ATX Gluten-Free. A side dish loaded with nutrients and antioxidants; this brussels sprouts dish is truly delicious. Even if you are not a fan of brussels sprouts; this dish will change your mind.
I hope everyone had a wonderful time during the holiday season. My vacation was packed with great conversation, beautiful views (Palm Springs and Jackson Hole), and yummy food. I feel truly blessed to be able to interact with you all on my blog, Twitter and Facebook each day. It has been a wild ride and I can’t wait for what 2011 will bring. This year, I hope to launch my new site, personal chef/nutritionist business, and reveal two secret projects. Cheers to a new year!
Shredded Brussel Sprouts with Red Bell Pepper Sauce and Feta
- 1 lb. brussels sprouts, grated on a box grater
- 1 Fuji apple with skin, diced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup roasted red bell pepper sauce
- 1 handful Italian parsley, rough chop
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
Ingredients for Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sauce:
- 3 red bell peppers, roasted. You may also used jarred roasted red bell peppers.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Begin by roasting red bell peppers. Once finished, add to food processor with olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Pulse until smooth, set aside. Grate brussels sprouts on box grater and place in medium-high skillet with olive oil, apple, butter, salt and pepper. Saute for 10 minutes or until apple and brussels sprouts are softened. Add in roasted red bell pepper sauce, simmer 5 minutes. Stir in parsley, feta, pine nuts and raisins.
This post is linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesday.